Best year yet? Yes, it’s possible to have the best year of your life so far! It’s all about what we will make of our days which will then decide if we will have a year that we’re hoping for. Best year might mean different things or goals to you but I think that there are quite a few things which we can all do in order to have the best year yet!
Personally, I’ve strongly set my mind on making 2018 the best year yet. I know that I can’t control or predict what life brings… but I surely can make sure that I do small things each day which will result in the year I’m hoping for.
I’ve started this year in the most relaxing and positive way – with a staycation at a hotel in a good company ( I will write more about my experience in the next post ). I had enough of time to just chill, do some “home spa” such as facial masks, mani-pedi and an obligatory pizza takeaway ( yes, it’s a good thing for your soul even if your butt disagrees 😀 ).
Here would be some thoughts which have crossed my mind that I’d like to share with you. It’s not a bulletproof formula to having the best year yet but you can definitely try to “apply” them and see what happens.
To have the best year yet:
- Surround yourself with the positive people. Don’t let your peace and piece of mind be stolen by the people who don’t deserve your time or are constantly letting you down.
- Try to be active and eat healthy as much as you can but don’t obsess about this either. Life is meant to be enjoyed and there are different activities or foods to eat which can help you in making this goal possible, being healthy but also indulging and just chilling when you feel like. 🙂
- Understand that it’s better to collect moments and memories than bunch of materialistic things. Life is about experience and not about hoarding. I can say that I love beautiful things and I do fall for some stuff too quickly and can spend mindlessly but I’m making it my priority to think twice this year before I spend my money somewhere and rather put it towards creating memories and going on some amazing trips for instance rather than having another designer bag or whatever.
- Give to others! It doesn’t matter what or how much you give, but if you give from heart and without expecting anything back in return, you will feel great knowing that you’ve helped out somebody and that as much as it’s nice to receive, it’s even more grand feeling when you’re giving and helping out others.
- Travel and read! Travel as much as you can and read as much as you can, both will be such a soul food for you and will enrich your everyday life and possibly help you widen your horizons (figure out what you want in life) and get you inspired to grab your goals by the balls. 🙂 Travelling and reading changes you in the best way possible. Nobody ever said that reading a book or taking a trip made them feel worser. 🙂
- Stop comparing yourself! This is so important… I feel like more than ever before we are all SO prone to comparing ourselves, our lives, looks, heritage with everybody else and SO often with the people whom we don’t even know (yes, all those social media accounts which “have everything what I/ you don’t”)
- Be present and thankful for what you have! The more you can be present in the moment, the easier you can hear your own thoughts and carve the right path for yourself in reaching your desired goals and have a great quality of the daily life. By being thankful for what you already have you can only create more of greatness and goodness in your life. If you’re constantly stuck on repeating of what you DON’T have and being all beaten up about it, you will never have what you want and will be very unhappy by not noticing how much you already DO have to be thankful about.