5 facts about me… Oh my, I don’t know how many times I’ve come across that kind of post in other blogs but I never seemed to manage to come around it, scrabble down something about myself. Maybe I’m not that good in telling about myself. Maybe I’m telling about myself more through my photos than I do with the words, but I have decided that today, I want to share 5 facts about me which you may or may not know by now.
First of all, I’d like to thank to all of the new (and of course returning) readers of my blog. There’s been a great increase and interest in my blog over this year in particular and I’m happy that the content I’ve been putting so much time and effort in has been fruitful.
I read all of your comments and messages, so please do always write or ask anything you have in mind, I’m happy to answer and engage in the conversation whenever possible. 🙂
- I’m an introverted extrovert! I am a social person and I love to spend time surrounded by many people/ friends and family but at the same time, I’m also quite the opposite… I am very much of an introvert too, I crave my “me time”, just simple, quite time with nobody around and I can spend hours just being all by my own. I’m one of those people who have no problems going alone for a long walk, for a trip, to coffee shop or shopping on their own. I can also spend a whole day at home alone and be completely fine with that.
- I love the noises, smells (yep, I’m gross) and passers by in the big cities like London, NYC and Moscow. I love to just wonder around the streets of the big cities and people watch. Whenever I’m visiting some place I have never been to or revisiting the places I have been to before, I love getting “lost on purpose”. Once you start wondering the side streets (ok, not the creepy, scary ones in the middle of nowhere) is where the true, non touristy magic is hidden of any place. You get to find out much more about the locals, their culture and see much more than when following a certain “map” and pinned places for all of the tourists.
3. I am complete anti talent to play any instrument OR to sing. I could be super drunk and out with my friends, but you will never EVER, even in that state find me singing or do karaoke. I am well aware of my singing sounding like an elephant farted in my ear and I wouldn’t want to destroy anybody’s eardrums singing under the alcohol influence. 😀 BUT! I am a huge music lover and thanks to music and listening to some of my favourite bands, I have managed to go through the hard times easier and heal some heartbreaks and such thanks to those.
4. My dream destinations are Cuba and Japan. I haven’t been to either yet and I can’t stop browsing through photos, videos and trip reviews from different bloggers about those two locations. I hope to visit both places in the near future. I am turning 30 this October and I’m not up for throwing some big, silly party to “glorify” my existence but I def. am considering getting a trip to Japan as my birthday present to myself. Let’s say that the past 2 years haven’t been the easiest in my life and I could use some special “self love treatment” this Fall. 🙂
5. I’m easy to get upset and it takes a moment for me to cool down. When I get upset, I really, really, really get upset and it consumes me completely, I can’t think, sleep… I’m pretty much paralysed by a problem I’m facing or an issue which I might have with some person, but once I have cooled down and got my *hit together, I can think clearly again and resolve the issues which then makes me laugh how quick I am to stress about everything so much and how most of those things I’m sweating about don’t deserve even that much attention from me.
*an extra fact (gotta be narcissistic a little 😀 ) I fell “in love” with Leonardo DiCaprio back in 1998. and I still hope that I’ll get my fan moment of – Tom Cruise meets Katie Holmes – without the weird, conspiracy part of their relationship. 😀 😀 Ya, ya, I’m a weirdo, whatever. 😀